Thursday, August 28, 2008

Best short term health insurance for family? -

I am being forced to resign my position as an R.N because they won't accommadate my hours with daycare (even though my manager said they would accomadate me so I wouldn't quit) I am a single mom and have no family here, plus the dad bailed when I was 6 1/2 mos preggo. Anyway, I have applied for a few other jobs and I am waiting to hear back. In the meantime, I have to give my notice soon, (they won't wait until i find another job) and my benefits will run out at the end of Jan. If I need to buy seperate health insurance, what would be my best option? I'm more concerned for my 9 week old son if anything. Even though he is healthy, I need for him to have some coverage. you might look for an agent with Golden Rule or Assurant. They both have some pretty competitive short-term health policies... Now...about your job...do you have a NurseFinders in your area? My son is an RN, BSN that was in patient care (ICU Trauma) for several years but left patient care a few years back and is running a NurseFinders office. Since they ARE a "national" franchise, you might call one of their offices and complete an application on-line (www.nursefinders.com) . It's all contract PRN but the pay is pretty good! Good luck and I hope this helps! You can file for cobra under your existing policy that is good for 18 months... or .. you can buy short term insurance thru Assurant or Celtic to name a few.. or.... You can purchase insurance coverage for your son on his own policy for less than 100 bucks. You probably will find a job first. Have you tried contacting AMN Healthcare or another “travel nurse” company? They often have placements in your community and they offer insurance: http://www.amnhealthcare.com/Workatamn.a... . Otherwise, I recommend speaking with a health insurance broker. A broker works with several insurers and can find the best plan, rates and coverage for you. To find a broker, log on to a website like http://www.healthinsurancewiz.com and fill out a form requesting a free quote. Your information will be sent to a broker in your area who will contact you.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005