Thursday, August 28, 2008

Insurance question? -

I have an HMO plan and i took my son to the doctor for a regular check up. I paid my $20 copay. He was supposed to get his regular shots but he had a fever so they couldnt administer them with his high temp. so they scheduled me for a week later to have the nurse give him the shots. When i got there they tried to charge me another $20 copay. i figured i shouldnt have to pay for something they could have ordinarily done the first visit and i wasnt to see the doctor anyway. Was i right or wrong? Well, MY office, if I don't see the doctor or a PA, I don't pay the copay. I HAVE gotten shots at a seperate time, with no copay. I don't think there's a right or wrong here, though, I think each office can make up their own policy. You sound reasonable. Explain to them again. A similar situation happened to my daughter. When I got the bill for the extra co-pay,and I questioned it, they reversed the charge. Bottom line is if they can GET you to pay it, they will... I went for an MRI, they screwed up, and I had to come back. I had to complain to them before they decided to let me off on the second co-pay. I think if you complain a little they will let up on the co-pay. I say wrong. It is another office visit. It is not billed in conjuction with the other visit. Copay is a per visit thing. Just my opinion though. That was nice of the office to 'write it off' for you...they only did that to keep you as a customer. Unfortunately, you should have had to pay the co-pay.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005