Thursday, August 28, 2008

What legitimate insurance companies charge monthly premiums based on your individual health and wellness? -

I am a 23-year-old female in good health, 110 pounds. I exercise regularly, eat healthy, work from home, don't smoke, drink or do drugs. I have no health problems and just received notification that my Blue Cross Blue Shield monthly premium would be going up to $172.00/month. This is ridiculous! Does anyone know what insurance companies out there charge your monthly premium based on your individual health status? I have seen commercials for these, but usually don't pay attention, because I don't want a bogus plan... nor do I want a discount program. Anyone know a well-known company that is legit? Wow, if you're looking to beat $172 a month, you're going to be hard pressed. I mean, you can cut your premium in half, if you're willing to take a $5,000 deductible per calendar year, but that's about it. ALL companies rate you based on your health, wellness, and age. You're getting damn good rates right now. The only way to get cheaper rates is to cut your coverage, increase your deductible, or get a "scam plan". I recommend you always buy LOCAL. Shop through a local agent who can get you quotes with a variety of legitimate, A rated carriers, and who can help you compare and contrast coverages. But what you're looking for, I think, isn't out there - just like that brand new Cadillac fresh off the lot, for $25. I think what's available can depend upon the state you live in, but I'm in NC and have Golden Rule insurance through United Healthcare (I hadn't heard of them but my fiance works for Home Depot and it's the same insurance co they have benefits through). So I got a personal policy, my deductible's not that high and I only pay $111 a month and so far I haven't had any issues, since I've only gone to the doctor once since I've had it. Also, fyi I am 24, female and in good health. I don't know where you are getting 172.......I pay 825 per month with blue cross....................I am healthy.................... I started paying my own ten years ago, then it was 250 per month...................................... Your employer is paying the balance.......see human resources..........there are no bargains in health insurance,,,I looked............. Congratulations! You are in excellent health, which is rare today in this world. Two questions: Did they tell you exactly why they were increasing your premiums? Did they say exactly that it was because of your health status? Chances are, it's because like everything else, prices go up due to inflation. The rate of inflation works out to be roughly around 4% per year. So, chances are, the higher premium rate is because of inflation. Also, rates go up when you enter a higher age range. There are particular ranges, and it looks like you entered it when you turned 23. Sorry...that's the way it goes. However, if you want to find another company, here are a couple of resources that you can use to find better rates. http://www.newcreationtechnologies.com/s... http://www.newcreationtechnologies.com/s... Hope this works out for you! Oh how I long for the days of !72/month.. a cancer survivor can't get individual insurance for 10yrs after.. though they can thru group insurance. The best thing for you to do is to get health insurance thru work. The employer typically pays a good chunk of the insurance as a benefit to the worker, and it will usually run under $175 month.. it varies a lot with the employer and not all will offer it.

No comments:

 
breast-cancer diabetes-informa... weight-losse lung-mesotheliom... eating-disorders medical-billing php-and-mysql skin-cancer medical-health astronomy-guide cancer-diseases health insurance seo-news-2008 forex3003 lawyer-lookingforalawyer earnmoneyonline-earn forexautotrading-forex forex-trade forextrading forex-trading-forex-trading-08 searchingforcancertreatment adsense jiankang8008 beauty-girl forex5005